What is Pilates?
Pilates is a movement practice that focuses on core strength, flexibility, and efficient mindful control. Developed by Joseph Pilates 90 years ago the theory continues to be a foundational method for many popular fitness modalities today. In an one-on-one setting, accompanied by Pilates signature equipment, it continues to be an eye opening experience for those looking to:
- step up a golf, tennis, rock climbing, snowboarding, crossfit game
- gain a deeper connection and understanding to their body
- manage staying fit while coping with the residual effects of an injury
- reduce stress and pain associated with it
- improve marathon or triathlon race times
At The Co Pilates we know you can change your physical and mental state through movement. Our philosophy is "if you don't move it, you lose it." Through expert precision driven guidance we enable you to learn to safely move your body in a way that gives you access to a deeper more intense work out leading to long term results inside and out. A Pilates practice has the added value of serving as a path toward rehabilitation from injuries or conditions such as:
- chronic low back pain
- rotator cuff surgery
- hip replacement
- pre and post-natal complications
- vertebral disc herniation or degeneration
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Breast cancer
How does a Pilates program with The Co work?
- Consultation Phone Call: This is a 20 minute phone call to get a general idea if a Pilates program would be right for you and start a conversation about desired goals.
- Introductory Session: In this session we will go through health and movement history and conduct a brief postural and movement analysis to allow the session and program to be molded specific to your body and your goals. At the end of the 75 minute session we develop a strategy for a program that will track your progress and allow you to feel more in control of your body.
- Program Type: Together in the introductory session we decided, based on goals and schedule, what length of program is best to start. For more information about options and to schedule an appointment call 917-674-4751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org